General Terms and Conditions
- Our booking terms and conditions, informs how payments are made, our cancellation policy and the general agreement between you as the client and Makilands Tour and Safari referred to as the Company.
- The person making any booking will be assumed to have authority to enter into a contract on behalf of him or herself and the other persons included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall as the agent or representative assume personal liability for the whole group.
- Fill out the reservation forms and send them after signing to Makiland Tour and Safari together with a deposit of specified amount of safari cost.
- After receiving your fully completed reservation form and the specified deposit, we will then book and reserve your place on the selected safari package and it will therefore be assumed that you have read and understood our general terms and conditions.
- There shall be no binding contract until the deposit constituting 40% total invoiced amount has been received by Makilands Tour Safari.
- Final balance of the safari package should be paid to Makilands Tours and Safaris and amounts received not later than 8 weeks prior to departure.
Any deposit paid will compensate for any cancellation or amendment fees so far attracted.
Any amendment or cancellation made will be compensated for the affected services fee as indicated above and the remainder will be your new deposit for your postponed safari
Makilands Tours and Safaris will recover cancellation fees applicable to it then deduct respective changes attracted from the specific reservations made to hotels/lodges and any other providers and the balance will be refunded
to you where no cancellation changes /feess are charged by the service provider after any safari amendment, Makiland Tours and Safaris will make known
the same and will not mskr chsnges safe for any transaction fees.
- Where’s Makilands Tour and Safari will do everything possible to confirm your safari booking as requested in writing,we shall make every effort to stick with the scheduled itinerary .kindly note that the company reserves the right to alter arrangement or substitute routes, tours, services, vehicles ,refreshments, meals, accommodation in hotels, lodges,due to factors like flooding,in game areas,airfields,or any situations that may disrupt or delay the schedules as planned and will offer acceptable substitutes of equal value and standard as internally requested and will endeavor to inform the client of any known changes before departure where possible.
- Our prices include all services stated on the correspondence that we send you, in the currency stated for the indicated duration .Any other exclusion from the prices will be clearly stated on every specific proposal or correspondence that we send to you. Our prices are based on prevailing exchange rates and market rates at the date of your booking, and are valid for the periods shown but are subject to change without notice in event of circumstances beyond control of Makilands Tour and Safari.
- We accept payment via bank transfer,some electronic cards as outlined in our correspondence that we will send to you.
- Quoted prices for Safari include full board accommodation,picnic lunches and meals as indicated , transport , game drives and park entry fees.
- Quoted price does not include :-
Cost of international flights, visa, airport taxes, comprehensive insurance/medical insurance for clients, their agents or dependants named in the itinerary, drinks, tips, phone calls, laundry and any items of a personal nature are not in included in the quoted prices, Optional flying doctor services, selected excursions and cultural visits, scheduled charter flights if quoted in itinerary cost will be quoted separately.
- The company reserves the right to engage the services of sub contractors for all or part of the itinerary including extra transport, accommodation hotels, lodges, camps, etc
- Makilands Tour and Safari will endeavor to engage quality suppliers and service providers – to ensure that the specific safari packages will be delivered efficiently. Makiland Tour and Safari does not have direct control over the provision of services of suppliers and shall not be liable for any delays, additional costs, damages, losses, injury, etc that may be occasioned by any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out the arrangement of any tour or otherwise in connection therewith. If at any stage your holiday is not provided as we have advertised and to an acceptable standard, we shall compensate you according to the way the holiday has been affected as long as the correct complaints procedure has been followed.
- This is based on two persons sharing , Single rooms are available at an additional cost but cannot be guaranteed.Triple rooms where requested in advance will be provided subject to availability.
- For any cancellation or amendment of any booking, communication must be made in writing to Makilands Tour and Safari for it to effected . If written notification is received prior to 8 weeks before departure, this will attract cancellation charges, and penalty levied as follows:
- If your written cancellation or amendment is received within 60 to 45 days of the travel commencement date, this will attract cancellation charges, and penalty levied at 40% of the total cost of the tour.
- If your written cancellation or amendment is received within 45 to 20 days of the travel commencement date,this will attract cancellation charges, and penalty levied at 60% of the total cost of the tour.
- If your written cancellation or amendment is received within 20 to 0 days of the travel commencement date, this will attract cancellation charges, and penalty levied at 100% of the total cost of the tour .
- The company reserves the right to deny a booking, cancel a booking or retain any visitor /guest as a result of the non-payment of any outstanding amounts by the client or if they interfere with any other member of any group or causes any disturbance or carry themselves in disorderly manner despite pleading with them and exhausting all diplomatic efforts.
- It is our policy requiring that clients under 20 years of age traveling alone during the tour period shall provide the Company with the written consent of their / parent guardian. Clients under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. As different camps have different terms for admitting different ages,it is advisable that an acceptable level of physical fitness be observed as a general rule for any safari .However we will be able to advise which properties and operators allow younger children ,different ages, or restrictions if any and their minimum requirements .
- Where factors including but not limited to client's age, qualifications, skills or other conditions do not conform to those designated for specific tours and targeting certain categories or requirements ,the company has a right to disqualify a client from participating, and may recommend you join another group /tour that doesn’t hinder you from participating.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense of any nature whatsoever suffered by the client or any traveler arising from the loss of or any damage to any property; the cancellation or postponement of any tour; Government decrees, state of emergency, sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature beyond makilands Tour and Safari control. The Company shall have the right at any time and at its own discretion to cancel any safari or the remainder thereof or make any alteration in route, accommodation, price or other details should any of the above circumstances arise at the clients cost.
- No energies will be spared until we accommodate your booking request especially request for itinerary changes after the booking has been confirmed or request for earlier, departure date, subject to availability of space. Where this is granted Normal cancellation fees apply if you wish to postpone your departure date. However some service providers may levy some charges to be met by the client and these costs are in addition to the fee quoted to you for your initial safari, but if no charges are imposed we shall also not charge you.
- If sickness or accident interrupt a tour, the company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense as a result, whether as a result of the company’s negligence or otherwise; and refund, either total or partial, of money paid. We recommend that the visitors acquire the necessary insurances to protect against any such occurrences.
- It is the responsibility of the guest to ensure that their passports , air tickets, vaccination cards, and visas are valid and in good order bearing correct details and spellings, for the countries featured in the safari itinerary on time and that they are in possession of the required comprehensive travel and medical insurance for themselves, as well as any dependants or safari companion for the period of their trip to shield themselves in case of emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, cancellation of Safari, loss of personal baggage, theft of luggage, or money and goods,repatriation expenses. The company will not be liable for any losses or costs incurred by the guest, their dependants or associates in the safari, with regards to, but not limited to above cases. You will have to sign a liability release form if you don’t wish to acquire acomprehensive travel and medical insurance.
- Insurance to cover for ,medical/travel insurance, safari cancellation , lost baggage and money, emergency evacuation /repatriation; beverages/drinks in some facilities; personal laundry at certain camps; gratuities to guides, paddlers and to staff; optional excursions not in itinerary; scheduled airfares; and departure taxes ARE NOT included in the above package prices. where requested in writing at the time of booking .However where these optional services are requested for ,they will be included at the clients cost e.g. optional meals/drinks in some facilities, and cities, cultural visits, optional excursions, and walks in some areas as well as local medical insurance covers e.g. flying doctors services.
- Neither Makilands Tour and Safari nor any person or agent acting for, through or on behalf of the Company shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from any cause whatsoever and without restricting the generality of the afore-going shall particularly not be responsible for loss or damage arising from any errors or omissions contained in its brochure or other literature, loss or damage caused by delays, sickness, theft, injury or death.Therefore as a condition of booking you are required to purchase a travel/medical insurance well on time to guard against any of the above eventualities.
- The clients are required to readily produce on requestdocuments for health, customs police, and all other authorities at all times while at any destination and to ensure that all travel documents like passports, air tickets, visas, vaccination certificates are in the correct order and bear names that are correctly printed
- Any client with special needs /attention during their tour regarding general ill health ,pregnancy ,physical handicap ,including requests for special diets, wheelchairs and any other specific needs,must indicate so by writing while booking , although the company does not guarantee that such requests will be honoredbut will comply to the extent deemed reasonably feasible and actionable at the clients cost. Clients who have chronic disease, whether on treatment or not shall declare so and advise Makilands tours and Safari accordingly when applying for the tour. You are further reminded to carry along with you any medical document/recommendation, prophylactic medicine from your medical practitioner for better planning and preparation of your safari, [as outlined in our travel information]
- We reserve the right to appoint a tour leader / guide , and the client in the safari must follow the instructions of such tour leader or guide .we alsoreserve the right to substitute one guide with another guide should it be necessary in case of illness,injury, or circumstances beyond our control, for the benefit of all.
- Should there be complaints about any part of the itinerary, then the same should be reported to the office within 21 days for any action and consideration to be taken.
We are unable to pay compensation or accept liability where the performance of our services are prevented or affected by any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due diligence, prevent or foresee. These events include extreme weather conditions, war, civil war, park closures, mechanical breakdown with transport, border closures, terrorist activities, fire, flooding, disease or any similar results that are out of our control.
This agreement is made subject to and shall be governed according to the laws of the country in which the safari takes place. Claims or disputes which may arise between client and the company be it a claim for any loss or damage to property,or due to injury to persons shall be taken for arbitration in accordance to the laws of the country where the safari is conducted.